Facials in Dallas, TX
Facials have been a part of skin care regimens around the world since ancient times, but a number of beauty industry advancements have made it easier than ever to target specific skin imperfections with this versatile beauty treatment. At The Bloom Medical Spa, led by medical director and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David G. Genecov, we use our extensive knowledge of skin and state-of-the-art tools to treat sun-damaged, acne prone, and dry, itchy skin, and turn dull, lifeless skin into a healthy, glowing complexion. If you live in or around Dallas, Plano or the surrounding areas of Texas, we can help you achieve the beautiful, healthy skin you desire.
What Is a Facial?
A facial is a relaxing beauty treatment performed by a skin care specialist that nourishes the skin to reveal a clearer, smoother, and brighter complexion. This multi-step treatment cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturizes the face to protect the facial skin from damage and promote a healthy glow. Facials can also incorporate other beauty and skincare treatments, such as steam massage, chemical peels, masks, extractions, and lotions and creams, to add an extra layer of nourishment and protection to the facial skin.
Benefits of a Facial
Facial treatments are not only healthy for the skin, but they can be relaxing for the body and mind as well. Aside from feeling luxurious, our facial treatments provide a range of noticeable benefits, including:
- Speeding up the cell renewal process by increasing blood flow throughout the facial skin.
- Detoxifying the skin and unclogging the pores of impurities and debris that cause puffiness, acne, and other imperfections.
- Smoothing out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Promoting collagen production, which is the building block of the skin that prevents premature sagging and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Evening out skin tone to lighten areas of hyperpigmentation and reveal a brighter complexion.
- Slowing the natural aging process to keep the skin looking firmer and hydrated and feeling healthier.
- Calming and relaxing the mind and body.
Types of Facials
All facial treatments, especially the ones we offer at The Bloom Medical Spa, are not alike. No matter the condition of your facial skin, we’re sure to have a facial treatment that can correct and clarify your skin. Whether you suffer from hyperpigmentation or recurrent bouts of acne, we’ll customize your facial treatment to your needs to help your skin look and feel its best again.
- Antioxidant Facial – This facial treatment works at the cellular level to repair free-radical damage, stimulate collagen production, and provide maximum protection for the skin. This treatment will leave your skin feeling smoother and polished and looking brighter and healthier than before.
- Skin Brightening Facial – Treat your skin to a custom-blend of skin lightening, brightening, and detoxifying nutrients with this one-of-a-kind signature beauty treatment. This facial lightens and brightens the skin tone to reveal a luminous and more balanced complexion.
- Rosacea Facial – This facial treatment is designed to refine and add a protective barrier to the skin to reduce inflammation and redness characteristic of rosacea. Specially formulated ingredients strengthen the capillaries and provide antibacterial support to promote cellular turnover and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Top off your facial with a refreshing ice treatment, hydrating mask, or specialty serums for a smooth and glowing finish.
- Teen Facial – This facial is ideal for anyone in their teens, giving them the valuable educational experience they need to maintain healthy, youthful skin for life. Teens will be treated to a deep pore cleansing facial, exfoliation, light extractions, and a soothing facial mask to address skin altering issues characteristic of the teen years, such as hormonal fluctuations, clogged pores, and acne breakouts.
- Forever Young BBL™ – The Forever Young BBL™ facial gradually corrects skin laxity and improves the clarity, tone, and texture of aging skin. Sciton BBL™ technology promotes the production of new collagen fibers to delay the natural aging process and restore the skin to a healthier, more youthful state. This safe and effective treatment can be performed on the face, neck, and/or décolletage with little to no downtime.
Preparing for Your Facial Appointment
To ensure a pleasant and successful experience free from negative side effects, there are certain things you should do to prepare for your facial. Discontinue the use of exfoliants, such as chemical peels, retinol, and facial scrubs, at least four days prior to your treatment. If you’re experiencing skin irritation or redness, reschedule your facial until these issues have been resolved. Otherwise, simply maintain your regular skincare routine. There is nothing special that you should do to improve your skin prior to a facial treatment. This allows our registered nurse or esthetician to evaluate the normal condition of your skin and accurately recommend a course of treatment to deliver your desired results.
Facial After Care
Properly caring for your skin after a facial goes a long way toward prolonging your results and preventing negative side effects. After your treatment is complete, you’ll receive a detailed list of do’s and don’ts to maintain your newly refreshed appearance. Avoid direct sunlight as the exfoliating component of facial treatments makes the skin more sensitive to the sun’s harmful UV rays. Cleanse your face according to the guidelines recommended by our staff to prevent unnecessary skin irritation.
How Much Does a Facial Cost in Dallas?
The cost of a facial depends on the type of facial treatment you desire. Most health insurance providers do not cover the cost of facials because they are considered elective cosmetic treatments. All treatments are to be paid at the time of service. Cash, cashier’s checks, money orders, American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard are all acceptable forms of payment at The Bloom Medical Spa.
Is a Facial Right for Me?
All skin types benefit from facial treatments, but the benefits are even greater for people who exhibit tell-tale signs of aging. If your normal skincare routine hasn’t quite delivered the firm and youthful skin you desire, you’re a likely candidate for a facial.
To learn more about facials or to set up a consultation, residents of Dallas, Plano, or the surrounding Texas communities should contact us today.